Philips expands its Radiology Solutions portfolio with the acquisition of Analytical Informatics, Inc.
Friday, November 24, 2017
- Analytical Informatics’ suite of workflow improvement applications enhances Philips’ PerformanceBridge portfolio of operational performance improvement tools and services
- Together with new developments from Philips’ own innovation programs, the expanded portfolio enables imaging department leaders to make data-driven improvement decisions centered around the patient
Amsterdam, the Netherlands – Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA), a global leader in health technology, today announced that it has acquired US-based start-up company Analytical Informatics, Inc., complementing its own innovation initiatives to expand its current offerings and accelerate the roadmap for Philips Radiology Solutions. Analytical Informatics’ products and capabilities, which include vendor-agnostic, advanced workflow tools and applications, strengthen Philips’ PerformanceBridge portfolio of operational performance solutions to optimize assets, uptime, utilization, practice, compliance and staff at the imaging department and enterprise levels. Financial details of the acquisition were not disclosed.
“Integrating Analytical Informatics’ software tools and applications into our current offerings will enable us to accelerate the delivery of next-generation technology, software and services, to bring the power of operational intelligence and decision support to radiology,” said Sham Sokka, General Manager of Radiology Solutions at Philips. “We’ll be in an even stronger position to provide our customers with a host of solutions and help them maximize opportunities to do more with less, while delivering patient-centric care.”
Analytical Informatics was founded in 2011 as a University of Maryland, Baltimore start-up, when the company licensed technology from the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
PerformanceBridge is a flexible portfolio of operational performance improvement solutions that support healthcare providers through a combination of technology, analytics, and on-site and professional services. The goal of PerformanceBridge is to enable imaging departments to make informed decisions to enhance performance, address gaps, monitor progress and drive continuous improvement. One specific offering within this portfolio is PerformanceBridge Practice, which has been designed to help imaging departments simplify and unify various levels of data and unlock actionable information to enhance operational and clinical decision making that’s centered around the patient. This comprehensive, data-driven practice management solution leverages Philips' integrated suite of digital health technology capabilities, and is where Analytical Informatics' vendor-agnostic, application-based, business analytics software will be integrated, enabling further customization of Philips' intelligence tooling and data analytics.
In addition to the integration of Analytical Informatics’ advanced workflow tools and applications into PerformanceBridge Practice, the PerformanceBridge portfolio is being expanded with the following features:
- PerformanceBridge Utilization Services*, which aspires to deliver cross-modality utilization indicators including utilization rate, volume, and average change over time. In addition to Philips’ CT, MR and interventional X-ray systems, this application is intended to also directly collect data from Philips’ ultrasound and general X-ray systems, as well as CT, MR and interventional X-ray systems from other vendors.
- PerformanceBridge Protocol Manager*, which is designed to identify opportunities for MR imaging protocol optimization, standardization and efficiency improvements.
For more information on Philips’ complete portfolio of integrated imaging systems, devices, informatics and services, please visit the Philips booth (#6735) during the 2017 Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting (RSNA), November 26 through December 1 at McCormick Place in Chicago. For live updates from the event, please follow @PhilipsLiveFrom or visit www.philips.com/rsna.
* Work in progress and not available for sale.