EventAction is a prescriptive analytics interface designed to present and explain recommendations of temporal event sequences. EventAction provides a visual analytics approach to (1) identify similar records, (2) explore potential outcomes, (3) review recommended temporal event sequences that might help achieve the users’ goals, and (4) interactively assist users as they define a personalized action plan associated with a probability of success. EventAction’s usage scenarios include student advising, treatment formulating, customer retention, and sports coaching.
More information and demo videos: http://hcil.umd.edu/eventaction/
Installation instructions: http://hcil.umd.edu/eventaction-distribution/
EventAction is available for Academic/Non-profit and Commercial use licensing. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
EventAction requires the following software and packages to run:
- Python 2.7 – a popular scripting programming language
- Numpy – a fundamental package for scientific computing with Python
- Flask – a Python framework for web applications
- A web browser – we recommend and test using Google Chrome
- Academic Advising
- Medical Treatment
- Consumer Behavior
- Visual, easy to understand results
- User-friendly interface
- Applicable in a wide variety of domains
Office of Technology Commercialization
2130 Mitchell Building
7999 Regents Dr.
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
Phone: (301) 405-3947 | Fax: (301) 314-9502