Join The Sprint, UM Ventures, Baltimore’s multi-stage, fast-paced pitch competition designed to build momentum for and accelerate the development of new medical device technologies.
- Open to UMB inventors interested in working to develop a technology for future commercialization.
- Technologies may be at any stage of development.
- Proposed technologies should solve a clearly identified healthcare problem. They may be part of a larger, more complex technology as long as designing, building, and testing furthers development in the allotted timeline.
July 20, 2022 | 4 - 6 p.m.
- Several opening awards will be immediately granted to design, build, and test medical device prototypes. All work must supported by the award must be completed by fall 2022.
- Following the opening Sprint, one winner will receive a final award to extend and refine the prototype, with work to be completed by spring 2023.
- Technological Need: What is the technical problem or bottleneck with current technology?
- Technological Solution: What is the new technical capability or improvement and how will it work?
- Customer Need: Who is the customer of the technology and why would they pay for it?
- Development Plan: How will development solve the technical bottleneck in 2 – 3 months?
- UMB Team: List of UMB inventors and department(s)
- IP Disclosure (statement assigning to UMB and agreement to complete an invention disclosure)
- Applicants will be contacted regarding acceptance by Thursday, July 7, 2022.
For more information or questions, contact Dustin Lee, director of the UM Ventures Medical Devices Technology Lab, or OTT@umaryland.edu.