The Baltimore Fund
The Baltimore Fund is an economic development initiative that supports Maryland Public Higher Education Institution (PHEI) -created or -sponsored technology companies and entities locating in Baltimore City.
Applicants must locate in Baltimore City.
Applicants must create high wage jobs (150% of minimum wage)
Affiliated entities include:
Those based on Intellectual Property owned by a Maryland PHEI with support of their institution
Entities with founders who are current students or who graduated from a Maryland PHEI within the last ten years.
Entities who have a significant and vital collaborative relationship with a Maryland PHEI may also qualify.
For Emerging Entities
- Provides 50% rent subsidies of first year rent
- Up to $6,000 for office space
- Up to $12,000 for wet lab space.
- Must be accepted by an affiliated innovation center in Baltimore City, including:
- Fast Forward at JHU
- Harbor Launch at IMET
- University of Maryland BioPark
- Emerging Tech Center (ETC)
- Additional benefits may be available for significant job creation
For Established Employers
- Provides a one-time conditional grant, loan or investment.
- Recipients must create new jobs in Baltimore City by opening a new facility or expanding an existing facility.
- Grants will be based on job creation, economic development impact and/or PHEI impact.
Companies are required to report economic impact for three years after receiving the subsidy.
Reports must include the number of jobs, increase in revenues and/or investments, and collaborations with Maryland PHEI.
For more information, contact Mary Morris, Director of the Baltimore Fund.
A partnership between
Baltimore Development Corporation, Maryland Department of Commerce, and University System of Maryland